The Northern Lights strain is probably one of the most well-known and well-loved strains around the world.
Northern Lights weed is powerful and produces mostly body high that leaves you completely relaxed. Its psychoactive effects will pacify your mind as you float into euphoria.
With a indica / sativa ratio of about 90% /10% and THC levels of about 18%, the Northern Lights strain is valued for its fat, resinous buds, easy growing and resistance to disease.
The Northern Lights weed descends from indigenous Afghani and Thai landrace strains. It is also a parent strain to hybrid strains like Shiva Skunk and Super Silver Haze.
Northern Lights strain infographic
Here’s an inforgraphic that provides an overview of the Northern Lights strain.
Northern Lights strain growing information
Northern Lights weed is easy to grow and a great choice for beginner growers. This is a hardy strain and the sturdy plants grow well both indoors and outdoors.
Northern Lights weed plants grown indoors are typically small to average in size. Plants generally grow to about 28 inches high. The plants produce buds that are abundant and resinous. Flowering time is typically between 7 and 9 weeks, with 7 weeks being more likely. You can expect yields of about 12 ounces per m².
Grown outdoors, Northern Lights does best in a warm and sunny climate. The plants get really big if they receive plenty of light and sunshine. Harvest time is around mid-October. Plants produce average yields of around 22 ounces per plant.
The buds of the Northern Lights strain are sometimes purple in color.
Northern Lights strain origins
Northern Lights decends from Afghani and Thai landrace strains.
The exact origins of the Northern Lights strain are unclear. Many experts believe Northern Light weed was bred in Washington state. The strain’s reputation began to develop in the Netherlands in about 1985.
The Northern Lights strain is the parent strain of many popular strains, including Super Silver Haze and Shiva Skunk.
Northern Lights strain effects
Keywords that describe the Northern Light strain: Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed, Sleepy, Uplifted.
Northern Lights weed produces a profound feeling of mental and physical relaxation and comfort – a wonderful “lazy-day-Sunday” feeling. You can expect the Northern Lights strain to uplift you into a euphoric state. Occasionally users get sleepy, which an additional advantage if you are in need of a good night’s rest.
The Northern Lights strain produces a body-focused high. It may result in an experience comparable to couch lock: users are often incredibly relaxed and laid back everywhere they may be.
Cheerful thoughts combine with total relaxation and upliftment, and laughter and smiles abound.
Possible adverse effects of Northern Lights weed
The Northern Lights strain has no serious adverse effects.
Users have reported dry mouth and dry eyes, but this is quite common for most strains. It probably results from dehydration, more than from the strain itself. Remember to drink enough water to keep hydrated. Over-the-counter eye drops can keep your eyes moist.
There have also been reports of users suffering paranoia, anxiety, dizziness and headaches, but they few and far between. These adverse effects could just as well be caused by over consumption.
Flavor, taste and aroma of the Northern Lights strain
Northern Lights weed has a particularly enjoyable aroma. It combines earthy, spicy and sweet, with lemony pine. The ammonia-like skunky smell is strong and distinct and radiates from the crystal-coated buds,
The Northern Lights strain has a flavor to match its aroma. It is piney, earthy, sweet and spicy, with occasional hints of citrus.
Medical uses of Northern Lights marijuana
This strain is great for both mental and physical problems.
It has been used successfully to treat physiological issues like depression, mood swings, and other mood-related disorders.
With medium CBD levels, Northern Lights weed is a suitable strain for treatment of pain of all kinds.
The Northern Lights strain is used for:
Where to buy Northern Lights weed seeds
You can buy Northern Lights weed seeds at our recommended marijuana seed bank:
ILGM marijuana seed bank
ILGM: “If there is any strain you have heard of in the marijuana world, it is probably Northern Lights. Northern Lights has buds dripping with resin, a short flowering phase, and a hardiness that makes it easy to grow for beginners and veterans alike….”
Northern Lights weed seed customer reviews
The Northern Lights strain has received great reviews on ILGM. 88% of 120 users give the strain a 5 star rating. Here is what a few happy customers had to say:
- Jennifer B. United States Pleasant Experience This is my first order purchasing seeds online. The process was quick. I was pleasantly surprised it took 5 days from ordering when I received the delivery. The package was stealth and for that I’m grateful. I germinated 2 of the seeds and after a 12 hour soak they we’re planted. The twins both came right up ! I’d like to thank this company, Roberts kind & caring staff. I also would like to thank Robert for the free e-books! Such a great surprise. I highly recommend this company to anyone considering making a purchase. I know I’ll return!
- Amanda USA It’s not a scam I was super skeptical about buying seeds online. I did my research and checked out lots of websites. I ordered 5 feminized seeds. About 2 weeks later my seeds arrived. They all germinated and are growing beautifully. This is the first year I have ever grown. I’m hoping for the best!
- Jon Connecticut Read!!! BEST POSSIBLE PLACE TO BUY!!! Seeds arrived in 6 days only!!! No marijuana related text or imagery anywhere on or inside the package which I’ll give 3 stars for, and I’ll add two more since all 20 have germinated!!! Discreet, fast shipping and wonderful prices and product!!!
- Anonymous United States Northern Lights Seeds arrived fast, in discreet package and delivered to my PO Box. I planted 2 seeds and both germinated and are growing fast! Only 11 days since sprouting and have already needed to transplant to bigger pots.So far, the experience has been so easy. The plants really do grow like weeds. Thank you!
- Anonymous United States Good deal Delivery time was what I expected and in line with other reviews I read. Germination was maybe a day n half and my babies are starting to show their 3rd set of “true leaves” soon as can get a handle on my grow tent temps I’ll be all set.
We hope you found this marijuana strain review helpful.